Today is national Best Friends Day ! Taking the time to celebrate your inner circle is a super important and goes a long way. Here are some tips:
- Send them a card: A card goes such a long way and adds a personal touch that's bigger than a text.
- Send them an item: My circle does this all the time (I can't take credit because someone else in my group is usually better at remembering) but chip in in a few dollars to send your friend a bottle of champagne, a round of drinks or a dessert at a restaurant for their birthday! We've done this for so many occasions- promotions, breakups, welcome home ect ect. It doesn't have to be food either- get creative. My BFFEE just sent me a plant in the mail!
- Listen: This seems so easy- but its so challenging for a lot of people to truly listen. If you sense your person is having a tough time, listen without judgment or INPUT (unless asked.) It can be a game changer.
- Hype them on social media: Most of us are on the social apps, and we all know how good it feels to hit that repost button. TIP don't just do this on National BFFE Day- do it whenever they hit a milestone at work or are celebrating an accomplishment. In most industries people follow their coworkers and if they see friends sharing, commenting, and liking their successes- it makes a huge difference.
- Put in effort: its so easy to get caught in the daily grind. sometimes you have to put the extra few steps in to keep the relationship alive. Don't take in personal, just do it.
Some of my besties are in the pics below!